You can download the latest version of CHEAQS Next (0.2.1.8) by clicking here. To check the integrity of the download, you can use the CRC32 (40317EBD) and/or CRC64 (DAE6CE0E609C00AE according to 7-Zip; B77AF275374CD27B according to Peazip; and yes, those values should not be different). Features of this version:
- Includes the Mean Spherical Approximation model
- Temperature correction
- Built-in charge balance correction
- Fully functional print preview
- Improved calculation speed
- View output sets side by side
- Downloading and viewing the manual and database document from within the program
- Built-in support for different languages
As mentioned above, when you run the program, you can download and display the manual and the database document. If you prefer, you can:
- download the manual by clicking here (written for version 0.1.0.19, still valid for 0.2.1.8);
- click here to download the database document for version 0.2.1.8.
In some cases you may prefer the older version, for example:
- if your computer does not support 64-bits executables;
- if you want to run titrations;
- if you want to change the database.
I recommend not to download CHEAQS from other sites. Only downloading CHEAQS from here guarantees a secure and up-to-date download. Also, I recommend not to use any other uninstallers than the one included with CHEAQS Next. Their 'solution' is usually worse than the supposed problem.
- Simonin, J.-P. (2017). Thermodynamic Consistency in the Modeling of Speciation in Self Complexing Electrolytes. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2017, 56, 9721−9733.
- Simonin, J.-P. (2018). Determination of Thermodynamic Complexity Constants and Speciation for Multicomplexing Electrolytes within the Mean Spherical Approximation Model. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2018, 58, 448−460.
- Verweij, W. & J.-P. Simonin (2020). Implementing the Mean Spherical Approximation model in the speciation code CHEAQS Next at high salt concentrations. Journal of Solution Chemistry 49, 1319–1327; click here for link (opens in new window)
- Simonin, J.-P. & W. Verweij (2022). A Simplified Mean Spherical Approximation Model for the Description of Activity Coefficients in Electrolyte Mixtures. Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2022, 61, 13265-13274; click here for link (opens in new window)
Registering as user
It is recommended that you register below
as CHEAQS user, because then you will be informed about updates
and bugs. You can expect two to four emails per year. Of course
your email will not be used for anything else.