The current version of CHEAQS Next is 2019.5, dated December 2019. An additional version is under development, including the MSA_model, but only for 64-bits operating systems.
The current plan is to stop development of the current 32-bit version (just maintenance) and to focus entirely on the new 64-bit version. A first version (still incomplete) is available for 'sneak preview'.
2019.5 (December 2019)
This version has in total twenty amino acids in the database.
2019.3 (24 September 2019)
This version has five more amino acids added to the database so
ten in total.
2019.2 (9 July 2019)
This version has five amino acids added to the database. In
addition, a bug was fixed that caused adsorption to be skipped
when organic complexation was also included.
2019.1 (27 February 2019)
This version has DTPA added to the database. In addition, some
small bugs were fixed.
2018.1 (24 October 2018)
This version has citrate added to the database. In addition,
some errors in the database as well as some small bugs were
2017.3 (7 July 2017)
A fourth model for organic complexation was added, the one
developed by Cabaniss & Shuman (1988). Furthermore,
equilibrium definitions for gas-solution-equilibria can be
displayed. Also, a utility was added to delete user files in
case the program is uninstalled.
2017.2 (14 March 2017)
Two more titration types were added, including a real chemical
titration with volume change. Also, titration graphs can be
shown in log-mode.
2017.1 (7 January 2017)
A third titration type is added.
2016.3 (17 September 2016)
- Pie graphs can now be printed.
- File associations can be registered (enabling e.g. printing an output file from Windows Explorer).
- Batch mode is now supported (and documented).
- Manual is updated to reflect these changes.
2016.2 (11 June 2016)
Pie graphs added as output option, log-values show during
output and some bug fixes.
2016.1 (13 January 2016)
Main new feature is the option to add items to the database
2015.3 (23 August 2015)
You can manipulate the database by removing or changing cations, ligands and species in an entirely new, easy-to-use interface (adding items to the database is foreseen for the near future).
In addition, CHEAQS Next remembers recent input and output files (if you like).
Convergence for high ionic strength samples was improved.
2015.2 (24 June 2015)
- Two titration types are now available.
- Printed output comes in five different table-styles rather than one.
- Chemical background information is available in the offline help file.
- Convergence for Model 5, 6 and 7 (Tipping and co-workers) was improved.
- Several minor inconsistencies and bugs were removed (see help-file for details).
2015.1 (1 January 2015)
- Equilibrium definitions are now available by a click on the equilibrium arrows symbol in the output window.
- Molecular weights are now based on the sum of the atomic weights of all atoms in an ion. Documentation is updated to reflect these changes
- Several bugs and inconsistencies were removed.
- Convergence for high ionic strength samples was improved.
2014.0.9.4 (5 May 2014)
- Editing input now works fine on Windows 8 as well.
- Screens look good also on high resolution screen set up to more than 96 dots per inch.
- CHEAQS Next will prompt you to save input data when you quit
2014.0.9.3 (4 April 2014)
A bug causing a fresh installed program to hang was corrected.
Sorry for inconvenience.
2014.0.9.2 (30 March 2014)
- Printing output has been implemented (for an example output file click here; pdf-file, opens in separate window).
- A different way of updating the program has been implemented (now works fine in Windows 8).
2014.0.9 (19 January 2014)
- The interface was completely redesigned.
- The code was optimised and compiled with a different compiler.
- The program is much faster and smaller than CHEAQS Pro was.
- The help-system is upgraded to the .CHM-format and also completely redesigned.
- User changes to the database can now be preserved when the master-database is upgraded.
- Editing input is now yet easier and more easy-reference. Cations and ligands can be shown alphabetically or in order of periodic table.
- Output can be viewed in entirely new interface, saved, opened later, exported to .CSV or .XML-format for exchange with spreadsheet-programs like EXCEL ® or Open Office.
- Documentation (including a manual) is available.
- More settings are remembered within and across sessions.
Some features that are included in CHEAQS Pro are not yet implemented in CHEAQS Next, such as calibrations.